Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Stash-Busting Challenge: Project #1

I'm done with the first of my layouts for the stash-busting challenge, and I have to say, this was pretty fun -- and rewarding, as I finally used much-loved items that I had been neglecting.

The journaling is on a card from Farmhouse Paper Co. Two Peas carried a few of their collections when I was a Garden Girl there.  The coffee-stained appearance of the card makes it perfect for this page about my daughter's job at a coffee shop. 
I crammed a lot on the card, I know -- it's 8-pt. font (Typenoksidi). Sorry for the eye strain. Ha! The stamp is from a Scraptastic Club set. 

The layout also includes background paper that I repurposed from an Anthropologie shopping bag, as well as three of the way-too-many Freckled Fawn arrow clips that I own and a paper arrow sticker from Crate Paper, arranged in a triangle to call attention to the pics and the journaling. I worked in some other kit items on the page, including strips of washi tape and part of a vintage tag from my JBS DT days.

Along the right side of the page, I added a stitched garland, comprised of squares cut from patterned paper, stamps from the Studio Calico "Tasty Beverage" set (bought months ago but used for the first time here), and Love, Elsie chipboard buttons from yesteryear.
Onward to project #2! 

(If you're interested in joining in the challenge, you can find the details here). 

6 comments:

  1. I think the garland is perfect!! I also never would have guessed that the background paper was from a bag. You have lots of good ideas here--thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! I wish I had more than one of the shopping bags -- I love that pattern to bits! If only Anthro made patterned paper...

      Delete
  2. You did a great job with the coffee garland! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love how you repurposed an every day item (ie. shopping bag). Now, to channel the *inspiration*.

    ReplyDelete